This Roman classical villa style house was built in 1915. Its original owner was Mrs. Mary Edgar and later sold to Fred W. Dalby and William W. Hannan.
Clinton Goodlow Edgar was born on December 31, 1873, the son of James and Mary (Goodloe). He graduated from the Michigan Military Academy and Cornell, with a degree in Chemistry. He married Mary McComas and had two children, Katherine and James. He was the head of W. H. Edgar & Sons-sugars, syrups, molasses and glucose, President of Edgar Sugar House, Isbell Bean Company. He was a member of Sons of the American Revolution. His Company supplied most of the breweries and candy manufacturers in Detroit.1
1 Information obtained from the petition for nomination of Indian Village Historic District.